To Keep Galveston County Red, we need to get busy registering voters. Below find statistics of the Voter Turnout in 2018.
These are the people who ended up voting:
- 12.8% of the people who voted in November were people who had not voted in any of the previous four general or primary elections. In 2014, this group made up 6.2% of the votes cast (2016, it was 18.7%).
- Previous midterm voters only made up 55.9% of all votes cast in 2018.
- 39.8% of voters under the age of 20 voted in 2018. In 2016, only 30.9% of voters under 20 voted. However, the average age of a 2018 General Election voter was 52.
- 68% of voters with no previous general or primary election history registered to vote following the 2016 General Election.
- 76.4% of voters with no previous general or primary election history were under the age of 50.
- In the top 30 largest counties, 55.6% of the voters with no previous primary election history lived in precincts carried by Hillary Clinton in 2016.