2020 Primary Training
2020 Part 1 Election Training
2020 Part 2 Election Training
Refresher Election Training
2020 General Election Training
Judges and Clerks Handbook
Certain Activities in Vicinity of Polling Places
Handguns in Polling Places
Ken Paxton Opinion
Executive Opinion GA29
Relating to Face Coverings
For Voting in Person
- If you do not have enough of the wire frame Distance Markers, you can print copies of (AW7-6) and put them in a gallon Ziplock bag and tape them to posts, trees, etc. Duct tape on the ground can be helpful in marking the 100’ distance in parking lots and on sidewalks if needed.
- Electioneering Add-on sheet adjacent to (AW7-6) may help in people understanding what electioneering is.
- Carry a copy of the SOS Distance Marker (AW7-6) document with you so that you can reference it when telling a voter that wearing any article of clothing, sticker, or face mask is electioneering. You may want to have plastic bags for people to put their caps in.
- Since the SOS Cell Phone (AW7-9) document has such small print using the Cell Phone addon sign adjacent to (AW7-9) can help educate people to not use their cell phone in the voting area.
- Carry a copy of the SOS Cell Phone (AW7-9) document with you to show them when they are using their cell phones at the voting booth or in the voting room.
- Be aware that an election officer can give voting priority to an individual with mobility or health problems (AW7-7b).
- For curbside voting have a towel or umbrella to provide shade for the voter, so the sun does not glare on the Access Touch screen.
- If you are working at the Access Controller, pay attention to voters leaving with casting their ballot. This is something that everyone needs to stay alert for.
- Because many people do not want to take an “I Voted” until after they have voted, place them on a table, chair, or tray near the exit door. This also helps in traffic flow.
- Keep PDF copies of the Texas Election Code, Texas Constitution, Election Advisories, AW7-6, AW7-9, AW7-7b, etc… on your cell phone.